How to treat tender pain in knees?

More info. More information is needed to diagnose. Many conditions can lead to tenderness in the knees (from meniscal tears to bursitis to tendinitis, etc) and it depends on where it is and what other symptoms are associated. A physical exam is also necessary. See a sports medicine doctor to be examined.
See your doctor. This is a problem that requires a face-to-face meeting with your doctor. In that meeting, your doctor will listen to you, perform a throrough examination and possibly order labs or other tests. Based on this information, he/she will be able to tell you what's wrong and what to do about it.