What is a good alternative head lice treatment to use instead of the drug store shampoos?

Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: Cetaphil cleanser

Use gentle cetaphil skin cleanser. Apply to hair and scalp.
Wait 2 minutes, then comb out. Wash your hair 8 hours later. Repeat once a week for 3 weeks. You can hold the mayo!

In brief: Cetaphil cleanser

Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Sari Nabulsi

In brief: Home receipe

You can use mayonnaise on the hair and cover it with a shower cap.

In brief: Home receipe

Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Kerosene

When I was a child, my mom used kerosene on my head to kill (suffocate) the lice.
I survived and it worked. Whether you should use it or not, I don't know. Definitely, not recommended in the US, but in Europe it's used as a home remedy.

In brief: Kerosene

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Home remedies are

not as effective as medications.
Natural remedies for lice include the application of olive oil, petroleum jelly, mineral oil or mayonnaise to the head/ hair. These oil-based products smother the louse.

In brief: Home remedies are

not as effective as medications.
Dr. Shontae Buffington