What would happen if I used the lice shampoo more than the recommended once a week?

Dr. Robert Stuart
In brief: Toxicity
Lice treatments are basically insecticides and if over-used will cause not only skin irritation but can cause neurologic toxicity (damage to the central nervous system).
Children are especially susceptible to this.

In brief: Toxicity
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
In brief: Waste of product
There are some products with potential toxicity if used too often but the strength of these products makes it unlikely.
I sometimes recommend retreating a week or so later to pick up any leftover bugs. It takes 10 days for the new louse to begin reproducing.

In brief: Waste of product
Dr. Cindy Juster