How many times do I have to wash bedding after finding lice in my head?

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
In brief: Once
All bedding should be washed in soap and water, and put through the dryer. The carpet should be vacuumed.
If some bedding can't go through the dryer, you can have it dry cleaned.

In brief: Once
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Michael Blum
In brief: Once
If the source of the infestation has been treated, such as the scalp with appropriate shampoos; then cleaning up the environment is the next step.
Washing with hot water with soap in a washing machine is the appropriate next step. I recommend shaking the linen out well before placing in the washer. I also run an empty cycle to clean out the washer.

In brief: Once
Dr. Michael Blum
Dr. Michael Blum
Dr. Jonathan Jassey