What can I do to get over abuse from my childhood?

There is help. Child abuse is a terrible problem and some people suffer significant mood, anxiety, ptsd or personality consquences. If there a severe mood problems psychiatric can help with medication, otherwise a good clinical psychologist experienced in working with ptsd or childhood trauma can help. Often your doctor will be able to offer a referral to someone good.