Will a vinegar, olive oil and tea tree oil treatment work on lice?

Yes. Olive oil or any oil will basically chock the lice. But you still need to remove the nets with soft comb.
Not sure. I've heard of people using tea tree oil for the treatment of lice, but I cannot comment on how successful it is. I would not use it myself.
Maybe, maybe not. Once aware of a wetting agent, lice can hibernate without breathing for up to 18 hours, making many of these oils just a messy event. The vinegar can aid in softening the attachment of the nits to the hair, making removal easier. The acidity of the vinegar (pickling or cider vinegar) can sometimes kill lice. I'm not convinced it will work, but might with repeated use.