Son has really bad diaper rash for about a week now, what to use?

It depends on cause. In medicine, we have common expressions that can mean a variety of medical diagnoses. "diaper rash" is one of these things. It can be caused by a variety of things, each of which has a distinct treatment. The first thing to try would be over-the-counter creams (such as boudreaux's butt paste). If the rash won't clear quickly, the skin is broken, or the baby is under 3 months, he should see the dr.
Diaper rash. Diaper rash can result from either irritation or yeast infection. Cleaning the diaper with non scented wipes, together with frequent diaper changes helps alot. For yeast infection, you need to contact you physician about prescription medication for it.