I have an excessive fear of snakes. Even looking at the pic, i can feel my pulse increasing. Why n how can I get rid of this fear?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Phobia

You have phobia.
They can be successfully treated by desensitization therapy. You need a psychotherapist skilled in this technique. It only takes a few sessions. Alternative: don't look at pictures of or go anywhere near snakes!

In brief: Phobia

You have phobia.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: CBT

Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias.
One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.

In brief: CBT

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine