My sternum chronically hurts, specially when i sleep on my side and put weight on it. Could I have a fracture, arthritis, or costochondritis, etc?

Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Costochondritis?

I am assuming you don't have a sore sternum as a result of open heart surgery or a fractured sternum from a motor vehicle accident, etc.
That said, i'm guessing costochondritis. This occurs when there's inflammation in the connections between the sternum and the cartilage bridges that connect the sternum to the ribs. Anti-inflammatories may help, but do consult your physician. Lgromkomd.

In brief: Costochondritis?

Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine