I'm on seasonique since I have endo. Been on it for years and my legs are so swollen from water retention. Would it be ok to routinely takewater pill?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No

Before starting a diuretic, you need to be evaluated for other causes: kidney or liver dysfunction, low thyroid, blood clots in the legs (which is a risk for estrogens).
Before starting a diuretic for any reason, you need your potassium checked.

In brief: No

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Treat the cause

Our bodies have a large amount of water needed to keep organs functioning.
The vessels that carry the fluids are not perfect and they can leak. Also, our tissues have a certain amount of water to stay moist and pliable. Gravity works to pull the fluids down towards the feet even in healthy people. It will worsen as the day progresses. Treatment is compression socks/elevation. Avoid water pills.

In brief: Treat the cause

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology