I had a decompressive laminectomy at the l3/l4, l4/l5, and l5/s1 on 9/25/12 now when i try to sleep, i wake up everu hour in horrible pain. Why?

Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Healing

I am assuming that your decompression is secondary to spinal stenosis because of the multiple levels.
If this was performed in a nonmiss way, then the pain intensity may be due to the ongoing healing of the muscles, scar tissue and weakness. If after 6 months the pain intensity has not decreased then further evaluation by your spine surgeon is warranted.

In brief: Healing

Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. David Benglis
Neurosurgery

In brief: Laminectomy

You are still relatively fresh post op, some of my patients take longer to recover sometimes 6 to 12 months before things are better. Check with your surgeon to make sure there are no issues that need addressing.
If not, be patient, ask for a sleeping pill to make you more comfortable.

In brief: Laminectomy

Dr. David Benglis
Dr. David Benglis
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Unusual

This unusual follow up with surgeon.

In brief: Unusual

This unusual follow up with surgeon.
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Eric Weisman