When should I take my vitamin D3 pill? I have been tested 3 times now as D3 deficient. Morning or night? With or without food? How many i.U.?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: 5000 IU with food

Almost everyone in the us needs to take 5000 iu/day from oct.
-april to attain optimal levels & take year-round if you avoid the sun. Best with food, any time of day. Research shows many benefits of taking vit d including prevention of many forms of cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, diabetes & depression. It also enhances immune function, reducing risk of influenza.

In brief: 5000 IU with food

Dr. Vicken Poochikian