I have a white spots on my lips and inside my mouth, how i know if its Fordyce spots or sexually transmitted diseases?.Thanks

Dr. David Mjos
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

Fordyce spots/granules are found in the mouth.
82 percent of the population has these spots. However, you need to a doctor for a definitive diagnosis. They are more yellowish in color.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. David Mjos
Dr. David Mjos
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Fordyce Spots

Fordyce spots are harmless small yellow-white spots found on the lips and genitalia, both the penis in men and the vulva in women.
They are caused by sebaceous hyperplasia, a kind of overgrowth of the lubricating glands, which keep the skin from drying out and cracking. They are not found inside the mouth. See your doctor for a diagnosis.

In brief: Fordyce Spots

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Adam Levy