Does anyone know how to get rid of a croupy cough?

Get seen. A dose of steroids often helps quite a bit. Seeing your doctor will help you to get that prescription. Watch http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=bf5sxehpgck to learn more about croup.
Possibile treatment. You may be experiencing bronchospasm associated with some airway inflammation. This can occur post-infection or as a component of chronic bronchitis, caused by smoking, a form of copd. Treatment includes bronchodilator and steroid inhalers. Further treatment depends upon other symptoms present and physical exam findings. See your doctor for diagnosis and treatment. If you smoke, you need to quit.
Steam or Cool Mist. Croup is a viral infection that classically produces a "barky" cough. If your child is not in any distress, warm steam or cool mist can help alleviate the cough. If they are in distress, call your pediatrician immediately.