I received gallbladder surgery 4 days ago and my doctor said i could resume a normal diet. Can i drink coffee, soda, tea, and eat chocolate & hamburgs?

Dr. Nicole Basa
Surgery

In brief: It may cause issues

I typically tell my post cholecystectomy patients to hold off on fatty foods for at least one month.
Fatty foods after cholecystectomy may cause bloating and diarrhea because the extra bile from the gallbladder is no longer there to help digest high fatty loads. This can occur in some people and not in others. If you do have these symptoms it tends to get better over the next several months.

In brief: It may cause issues

In brief: Be careful with Fats

For 3 weeks after surgery.
It takes the bile duct about 3 weeks to take over the job of teh gallbladder.

In brief: Be careful with Fats

For 3 weeks after surgery.
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Anesthesiology

In brief: Sure

If what you describe is your normal diet, enjoy.

In brief: Sure

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery