I was taking a bath and laid down in the tub to wash my hair and heard two big pops in my upper sternum with terrible pain. Fractued? I have osteopor

Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: See your doctor

These symptoms require a thorough evaluation to find out what's going on and what can be done for you.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Thomas Graber
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Ongoing pain?

If you have ongoing pain, you could have injured a bone or cartilage and may need help to control the pain while it heals.
Osteoporosis does make broken bones more common but there are other conditions that can cause bones to break with almost no trauma. If you have ongoing pain, you must get checked soon.

In brief: Ongoing pain?

Dr. Thomas Graber
Dr. Thomas Graber