I met a young healthy lady who got paralyzed after surgery, what causes this ?Too much anesthesia medicine?Will be undergoing one myself .Please help.

Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Anesthesiology

In brief: Not enough info

Need to know what kind of surgery, what the anesthesia was (general vs a block such as spinal or epidural).
Also need to know what kind of medical problems the young healthy lady may have had ---although she says she is healthy or looks like she is, she may have something that can can go on to cause paralysis.

In brief: Not enough info

Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Anesthesiology

In brief: Anesthesia

Anesthesia is very safe, unclear what surgery your accuantant had, but the cause most likely related to underlining disease .
You did not provide full history. Talk to your anesthesiologist before surgery, he will help you with your questions and anxiety.

In brief: Anesthesia

Dr. Boris Aronzon
Dr. Boris Aronzon