I noticed there is some blue bruising under my big toenails. Should i leave it alone or will the bruising get bigger and make my nail fall off?

Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: Possibly

Symptoms and concerns like these mandate a thorough evaluation by your doctor. Only after such an evaluation, which may include labs and radiographic examinations, can he/she let you know what's going on and how best to help you.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: Get evaluated

I would recommend being evaluated.
Nail discoloration could result from many different medical conditions. A podiatrist or dermatologist might think it necessary to take a biopsy of the nail to determine the underlying cause.

In brief: Get evaluated

I would recommend being evaluated.
Dr. Glenn Aufseeser
Dr. Glenn Aufseeser