What precaution should I take to prevent my toddler from catching the swine flu?

Get VACCINATED! Get the flu vaccine which will include h1n1 in its protection. The shot is safe and highyl effective at preventing infection and serious issues with flu illness. Other than that, take simple illness precautions such as good hygiene and hand washing. Keep fingers out of mouths and keep away from obviously ill contacts.
Vaccinate. The best protection you can provide to your toddler is giving the seasonal influenza vaccine to the child and the rest of the family as well. This is not 100% effective, but is the best way to prevent the illness. Of course good hygiene (hand washing) and avoiding other sick individuals goes a long way as well.