Should I be nervous that my toddler got blood on her from a gay man?

Brian Fishman
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Clarification

If you suspect your toddler may have been exposed to blood or serum from an unknown patient, it is always best to get him or her evaluated by your family physician, urgent care, or an emergency room physician.
However, the workup he or she receives will be the same, regardless of the blood's source. Exposure to blood from homosexual and heterosexual patients are evaluated in the same manner.

In brief: Clarification

Brian Fishman
Brian Fishman
Answer assisted by Brian Fishman, Medical Student
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: NO

Why was your child getting any blood on her from another person? The likelihood of infectious transmission this way is extremely small.

In brief: NO

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Shontae Buffington