I'm 21 my period is abnormal i get it about every 3months usually for 8days i've had it for 2weeks still going started light now getting heavy help!?

Dr. Theresa-Ann Clark

In brief: Hormones may help

This menstrual pattern indicates that communication between your brain and ovaries is disrupted.
Likely, you do not regularly ovulate. Progesterone is used to stop bleeding. More important, is to find the cause of the bleeding. You may have polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos). A pelvic ultrasound and a blood test can confirm pcos. Pcos is usually treated with hormonal birth control.

In brief: Hormones may help

Dr. Theresa-Ann Clark
Dr. Theresa-Ann Clark
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham