How do you keep a toddler with a stomach virus hydrated?

Sips of liquids- The key is how much vomiting they are doing. If vomiting, wait 2-3 hours and give "small" ( 1/2 oz ) amounts of clear liquids. Don't let them "gulp too fast"-if it stays down then repeat every 30 minutes. Once 3 or 4 liquid feeds have not been vomited, slowly increase the volume every 30 minutes. If no vomit for 3-4 hours then start the brat diet for diarrhea-bannans, rice, apple, toast. Patience.
Dehydration. Stomache virus can cause dehydration quickly. Avoiding dehydration by starting with crushed ice chips and progress to small amounts of cold ice water every 30 -45 minutes. Then pedialyte in small amounts like 1 oz every 30-45 minutes might help.