My X-ray report says "slight reversal of the normal cervical lordosis at C4 and c5" what kind of injury is this? I know it's "straightening"

Dr. David Dinhofer
Radiology

In brief: Not important

Straightening is seen in muscle spasm (stiff neck) which usually resolves in a few days.
I see this often in people with minor injuries. However, this is a finding on an x-ray and is meaningless without knowing your symptoms and physical findings. This "slight" change may be a normal finding for you. Also, what one radiologist calls slight, another will call normal.

In brief: Not important

Dr. David Dinhofer
Dr. David Dinhofer
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Muscle spasm

Muscle spasm pulls the cervical spin out of its normal curvature.
Massage, physical therapy, exercises, manipulation, acupuncture, or medications may help.

In brief: Muscle spasm

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Stan Lee
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Talk to ordering doc

Radiology reports must be contextualized and are not meant directly for patients without the ordering doctor's interpretation.
A finding of "reversal of the normal lordosis at c4-5" can be an incidental finding, but in certain circumstances, may be more concerning. The ordering physician should have specific conditions in mind when ordering a study and can best discuss the context of results.

In brief: Talk to ordering doc

Dr. Stan Lee
Dr. Stan Lee
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine