I have mild pain on my right hand side under my rib and dark green stools with mucus, what is it? I do also have irritable bowel syndrome

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care

In brief: More info?

Is it sharp or achy? How long does it last? Anything make it better? Any fevers? Does food affect the pain? Have you had any surgery ? How long has it been there? Have you tried any medications? Did they work? Did you injure yourself? Pulled muscle etc? Has anyone done any studies? Need a bit more info? Possible causes: gallbladder? Pneumonia? Ge issues? Muscle strain? Kidney?

In brief: More info?

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp

In brief: ? stool transit time

You would require a medical evaluation to determine if you have irritable bowel syndrome.
However, green stool can occur when the stool transits too quickly through the bowel. If you have experienced a change in bowel habitus - that would warrant a medical evaluation.

In brief: ? stool transit time

Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Abnormal digestion

Irritable bowel syndrome is the multifactorial consequence of hormonal, immune system and nervous system dysfunction resulting from genetic predispositions and dietary and environmental insults.
The predominant symptoms like diarrhea cramps constipation are the result of autonomic nervous system instability. Pts like you may benefit from a metabolically directed approach.

In brief: Abnormal digestion

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery