Im sixteen years old and have found a lump in my breastcould it be breast cancer?

Dr. Reza Shirazi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Most likely not

Eventhough it is possible, your age is too young for typical presentation.
Other non-malignant conditions are more likely the cause. See a doctor.

In brief: Most likely not

Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Possible but rare

While this is a possibility, it is highly unlikely.
Benign breast masses are very common in young women. In particularly thin women, normal breast tissue can feel like a mass. Pay close attention and do not ignore and discuss with your primary care physician. Call sooner for a changing or growing mass or one associated with discharge,

In brief: Possible but rare

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Unlikely

An overwhelming majority of breast lumps in teenagers are benign tumors, called fibroadenomas.
I recommend that you tell your parents what you have found so that they can schedule an appointment with your pediatrician. They will likely order a painless test (an ultrasound) and refer you to a breast specialist to seek out their opinion.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Hindi Mermelstein
Most breast lumps are benign but should be checked out. Go see your doctor who can help you. Good luck and good health