How would you treat low back pain?

Depends. Low back pain (lbp) is extremely prevalent. As long as the back pain is not associated with 'red flags', it is most frequently managed conservatively: massages, pt for back and core strengthening, and pain management for the cases not responsive to the first two. If all these things fail then surgery can be entertained.
Evaluate the Pain Source First. It is necessary to conduct a good history, physical examination and order any necessary diagnostic imaging (such as x-ray or mri) before a proper diagnosis can be determined. Some treatment options can be but are not limited to: rest, ice/heat, compression, massage, nsaid's, conservative therapy such as physical therapy or chiropractic and/or interventional pain management.
Low back pain. The low back pain can be caused by muscle strain, spinal stenosis, ruptured disc, nerve impingement. .. The treatment depends on the cause of the pain. It might include exercise, massage, accupuncture, physical therapy, medication, injections. .. I recommend you seeking help from a pain management doctor. You might benefit from a comprehensive evaluation and treatment.
Lots of Options. Most low back pain responds well to physical therapy, heat/ice, muscle relaxants, and nsaids (motrin, advil). Trying these in combination can be more helpful than separately. If the back pain continues or worsens, or if your primary doctor sees red flags, you might need to get imaging and see a neurosurgeon or orthopedic spine surgeon.
Physical Exam. Good doctors make diagnoses with physical exam findings, confirm their suspicions with imaging and treat the cause, not symptoms. Bad doctors do everything in reverse.
Pred/melox first. In our spine center (including two pm;r interventional pain specialists and one ortho spine surgeon), over 90% of the cases are managed effectively w/o any surgery. If it were me and I knew the lbp wasn't a "red flag" issue, i'd start with Prednisone 20mg bid for 7 days + Meloxicam 7.5mg bid for 14 days. If no better, consider interventional injection to get quick relief, then possibly pt.
Back pain. A large percentage of back pain issues are muscular and can be treated as such with various modalities including those targeting stress management. For nerve impingments/irritations as with discs ruptures etc., in addition to other modalities and short of surgery one might consider higher dose steroids/steroid injection. One of course presumes a proper diagnostic workup.