I read that echinacea good for addison disease, but bad for multiple sclerosis. How come? Afaik, both of them are autoimmune condition..

Dr. Thomas Klein
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: It doesn't help

Echinacea (e) probably does nothing for both illnesses.
I would only believe it helps a particular disease if it were studied in a double blinded placebo controlled study. That means that 1/2 the study group would get e and 1/2 would get a placebo or sugar pill but neither group would know what they are getting. The examiners would also be "blinded" and not know till it was revealed at the end.

In brief: It doesn't help

In brief: LOTS OF HOPE

Not unique that i encounter all kinds of people who hope that there is some alternative item that will provide a cure for ms.
Echinacea is not a cure and theoretically could make ms worse, although not sure it has much of a result for ms pts. Echinacea lacks benefit for addison's also. A little advice: find a neurologist who is an expert in ms, and find a potent oral agent to assist in control.

In brief: LOTS OF HOPE

Dr. Eric Weisman