How do I help my bi polar teen age daughter who is out of control?

Dr. Garron Miller
In brief: Med adjustments
Maybe needs med adjustments.

In brief: Med adjustments
Maybe needs med adjustments.
Dr. Garron Miller
Dr. Garron Miller
Dr. Kathryn Seifert
Medication is often helpful, as well as therapy. Get an evaluation by physician and psychiatrist or psychologist.
Dr. Matthew Keener
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Empathy, medicine
Resist the tendency to become frustrated with her. Understand that she's suffering from a serious illness.
Listen to her with empathy, talk to her about your concern for her well-being, and make sure she is regularly seen by a qualified adolescent psychiatrist where available.

In brief: Empathy, medicine
Dr. Matthew Keener
Dr. Matthew Keener
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Bipolar
Set limits at home, follow advise of her therapist, be involved in her treatment, enlist support from other family members, monitor her medications, engage her in recreational activities & be part of them, reward for achievements & positive behaviors.

In brief: Bipolar
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Seek medical care
I recommend that you refer her to a mental health professional preferably.
If that's not possible, then to a primary care professional. If she has signs of acute mania - racing thoughts, hyperactivity, sleepless, reckless behavior, elated, she is to be taken to the nearest er. Same if suicidal.

In brief: Seek medical care
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Bipolar child
Best to have her assessed by a child psychiatrist for evaluation & tx recommendations.

In brief: Bipolar child
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Cindy Juster