I have swelling in the foot. What should I do?

Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology

In brief: Many causes

Prolonged sitting, standing, venous incompetence, congestive heart failure, arthritis, infection, trauma are common causes.
Seek help of phlebologist at www.Phlebology.Org who can evaluate you and advise accordingly.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. James Isobe
Dr. James Isobe
Dr. Ted King
Lymphedema is also a possibility

In brief: Yes...

Sometimes that happens.
There can be many reasons ranging from local circulation to systemic disease. See your pcp.

In brief: Yes...

Sometimes that happens.
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many possibilites

Some causes of swelling of the feet can include systemic problems such as hypertension, and problems with the kidneys and localized issues such as arthritis, infection, lymphatic obstruction, blood clots, varicose veins, trauma (fracture, sprain, and tendonitis) and side effects to medication.
Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Many possibilites

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat