Is it normal for teenage boys to shave their legs?

David Miller
In brief: It can be
It is not at all uncommon or strange for male athletics to shave their legs or, in the case of swimmers, even more extensive regions of their bodies.

In brief: It can be
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
2 comments
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Lots of swimmers do shave..their whole body...improved speed in the water is the hopeful outcome.
Dr. Howard Gollup
Cyclists do too, though most will tell you it doesn't improve their speed, but they feel psychologically disadvantaged if they don't.
Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Fashionable
A lot of kids now shave everything from the neck down.
For the past couple of years, the unshaved teens have been much less common in my practice. They all want to be different......Just like everyone else.

In brief: Fashionable
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey