How long after a dental crown before i can bite down and not feel sensitivity? When should I call my dentist if still sore?

Dr. George Ayoub
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: 2-3 days

If sensitivity continue after 2-3 days check with your dentist to make sure the crown is not high.

In brief: 2-3 days

Dr. George Ayoub
Dr. George Ayoub
Dr. John Comisi
Dentistry

In brief: Many factors

The amount of initial damage or cracking of the tooth that required it to be crowned in the first place is a reason for sensitivity.
Also if the occlusion or bite on the crown makes it hit first, before the other teeth, that will cause sensitivity. In my opinion, it is always best to let your dentist know about a problem sooner then later so that together you can solve the problem.

In brief: Many factors

Dr. John Comisi
Dr. John Comisi
Dr. Kyle Shank
Dentistry

In brief: Depends...

If it feels like your bite is off, contact your dentist immediately to have it adjusted.
I it's just a little sensitive (ie. Hot and cold) give it a couple of days. Any time you work on a tooth, a little sensitivity for a few days is to be expected.

In brief: Depends...

Dr. Kyle Shank
Dr. Kyle Shank
Dr. Kyle Shank
Based on the comments in your note, another possibility is that the nerve in the tooth could be dying. See your dentist. Possible root canal
Dr. Jerry Hu
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Deep

If your dentist told you the tooth had a pulp cap or deep decay removal or to expect sensitivity, then see if it improves in a couple of days, if it is any lingering, ongoing or spontaneous pain or thermal severe pain, see your dentist right away.
.. May need root canal. If it's just to chew or pressure, it may be high spot, needs adjustment-- see dentist.

In brief: Deep

Dr. Jerry Hu
Dr. Jerry Hu
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry

In brief: Right Away

You should be able to eat and drink right away after the anesthetic wears down.
After treatment is completed the tooth- crown should feel the same as the other teeth in your mouth. If it is sensitive to bite, hot, cold, sweet, or food is catching or your gum is sore or bleeding ! then something is not right! and you should go back to your dentist asap to evaluate and adjust or treat.

In brief: Right Away

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Robert Mokbel

In brief: Crown

You should call your dentist to evaluate your bite.
Crown shouldn't feel sensitive.

In brief: Crown

Crown shouldn't feel sensitive.
Dr. Michael Geylikman
Dr. Michael Geylikman
Dr. Vicken Poochikian