I'm fifteen years old. Could I have diabetes?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

Diabetes can occur at any age.
Go get a blood test if you are worried.

Diabetes can occur at any age.
Go get a blood test if you are worried.
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Alan Levine

In brief: That would depend...

That would depend upon whether or not you are showing any signs/symptoms of diabetes, such as increased drinking, increased urination, weight loss.
Is there a family history of diabetes? The average 15 year old should not be at increased risk for developing diabetes.

In brief: That would depend...

Dr. Alan Levine
Dr. Alan Levine
David Miller

In brief: Possibly

The signs and symptoms to watch out for are excessive thirst, excessive urination, excessive eating, fatigue and weight loss.
Diabetes can be diagnosed at almost any age. If you are concerned about this, you need to see your doctor right away.

In brief: Possibly

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Jonathan Jassey