What's a safe way for a teen to gain weight?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Weight gain
The best way is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and healthy diet.
Slowly increase the number of healthy food calories for each meal until you start to see a weight gain. Maintain the increased calorie intake until your weight goal is reached. You should see your doctor to be sure all is well and that you do not have a condition that is causing you to lose weight.

In brief: Weight gain
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Many people are simply thin.
Their "constitution" is lean. Once you know there is not a thyroid or medical condition keeping you from gaining weight, a diet in fresh or "clean" foods is great. I have also had positive results from patients seeing a chinese medicine practitioner who helped balance the body...And resulted in weight gain or weight loss depending on the patient. Consider a consult.

Many people are simply thin.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz