I have a hypokalemia, why does my doctor recomends potassium citrate?

Hypokalemia. I have a hypokalemia, why does my doctor recomends potassium citrate? ANS: because hypokalemia is a low blood potassium. Most important to find out the cause of the low potassium. I specialize in this and recommend a 2nd opinion with me.
To raise potassium. Hypokalemia can be caused by certain renal conditions and drugs such as diuretics. The potassium is to keep your level in balance. Low potassium can cause cramps, raise blood pressure, and cause arrythmias!
To replace potassium. Oral supplements are commonly used to treat low potassium. In prescription form, Potassium Chloride is more commonly used. The bigger question is why do you have the low potassium in the first place? You're pretty young to be on a diuretic (water pill), the most common cause of low potassium.