I was getting a slight cold yesterday before an engagement party, but got a fever of 101 after having a glass of wine atthe party. I went home. I still have a fever. Are the wine and fever related?

Dr. Daniel Zanger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Fever

Unless you drink enough to alter your body's ability to regulate temperature one glass of wine would not do it.

In brief: Fever

Dr. Daniel Zanger
Dr. Daniel Zanger
Dr. Thomas Graber
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Fever frm yr Cold

People can have very unusual reactions to all sorts of things, but fever from wine would be unusual.
Fever associated with symptoms of a cold is common, so more likely the cause in your case. If you have facial pain, a cough putting out a lot of green or yellow phlegm or other symptoms to suggest you have more than just a cold, you should consult your doctor.

In brief: Fever frm yr Cold

Dr. Thomas Graber
Dr. Thomas Graber

In brief: No

Not at all.

In brief: No

Not at all.
Dr. Daniel Conway
Dr. Daniel Conway
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine