How common is it for a gastroentologist to see a teenager complaining about blood in stool?

In brief: See regular Dr 1st

Most stooling issues can be handled by your regular doctor. A dietary history, stooling history & review of issues can often point the way to a simple DX and plan for improvement.
If the initial workup or rx is not helpful, additional eval thru a GI specialist may be necessary. In my local, the gi's won't see kids <18, so a 50-100 mile trip to a pedi GI is an extra burden.

In brief: See regular Dr 1st

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Common

Depending on your area and availability, age of teenager, either a pediatric gastroenterologist for early teen or an adult gastroenterologist is the appropriate specialist to see for this.

In brief: Common

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Cindy Juster