Two years ago i was told i needed to have my galbladder removed. I still have sharp pains in my side what do I need to do.....?

Dr. Hindi Mermelstein
Psychiatry - Geriatric

In brief: Reconsider

. In general if the problems continue and other options have not worked, then one should look again at the recommendations and reconsider.

In brief: Reconsider

Dr. Hindi Mermelstein
Dr. Hindi Mermelstein
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: U Need 2 C a Surgeon

App. 80% of people with gallstones never develop symptoms and need not have their gallbladder removed.
However, once attacks begin, the only way to prevent them from coming back is to remove the gallbladder. Of course, every operation involves a decision regarding the risks vs. Benefits; if the risks of surgery are too high, there are alternatives that may temporize matters.

In brief: U Need 2 C a Surgeon

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery