I used a qtip to clean earwax. Noise in my left ear is muffled now. Whats wrong and how do I fix this? There is no pain.

Dr. Abby Caplin
Integrative Medicine

In brief: Ear wax

It sounds like you pushed the ear wax further into the ear canal with your q tip.
The best person to help is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, who can take out the wax quickly and easily.

In brief: Ear wax

Dr. Abby Caplin
Dr. Abby Caplin
Dr. Sireesha Vemuri

In brief: No more q tips

Sometimes when qtip is used you tend to push the wax deeper into the ear canal .
.. If the q tip is intact and you are sure that all cotton is still on the tip ... I would advice against using any more q tips for the next couple of weeks and use over the counter debrox ear wax drops 5 drops daily x 1 week if issue still persists you may need a ear exam and lavage.

In brief: No more q tips

Dr. Sireesha Vemuri
Dr. Sireesha Vemuri
Dr. Arnon Rubin