For treatment of bone metastasis associated with prostate cancer, is xgeva (denosumab) a better one compared to zometa? How much does xgeva (denosumab) cost?

In brief: Xgeva (denosumab)

Zolmera can have more side effects, that is my view.

In brief: Xgeva (denosumab)

Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Julio Hajdenberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Slightly better

Xgeva (denosumab) does have some advantages over zometa: quicker administration and no kidney side effects.
It is associated with fewer bone complications from cancer than zometa. On the other hand, zometa is now generic, meaning that is a lot cheaper. Neither is a curative treatment for prostate cancer and they are both considered adjunct treatments. Thes small differences may or may not justify its use.

In brief: Slightly better

Dr. Julio Hajdenberg
Dr. Julio Hajdenberg
Dr. Adam Smith