My husband is about to have gasteric bypas surgery in the next coming months. How can I prepare meals for him and the family?

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics

In brief: Food ; bypass

Focus on making protein and vegetables a priority.
Minimize the amount of carbs (bread, rice, pasta, tortillas, potatoes). Whole meats (steak, turkey breast, chicken breast) are harder to eat vs ground meat which is easier. Fish, tofu, eggs, beans, dairy are also good sources of protein. Be careful with dairy as some people are sensitive to it after bypass surgery. Sugar free when possible.

In brief: Food ; bypass

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology

In brief: Ask surgeon

Following gastric bypass surgery, the surgeon involved will have a dietary plan that all patients should follow.
Preparing meals for the patient is a good idea, but ask the surgeon about specifics.

In brief: Ask surgeon

Dr. James Isobe
Dr. James Isobe
Dr. Andrea Brand