Are human growth hormone supplements bad if not abused. Just in moderation even for sports or gym purposes?

Why bother? They're pricey, they're cheating, and they offer little benefit unless you want to end up grotesquely muscled. Whoever's trying to sell you this is probably claiming benefits that it cannot deliver. Why not be able to tell everyone, truthfully, "This is entirely natural."
You should. Never take anything you don't need. These drugs have medical uses and should only be used to treat specific conditions. No matter when they are used, side effects can occur. If your body does not truly need these, you are only taking a risk.