What should you do if you think your child has been exposed to tuberculosis, and what are the immediate symptoms?

In brief: See your doctor
Tuberculosis is an infectious disease, but symptoms may be slow to develop.
I'd inform my doctor of the exposure, and he/she can determine the plan of action. Retesting is an important part of monitoring TB exposure.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Joseph Roosth
In brief: Go to a doctor
Usually a TB skin test and chest x-ray are done and sometimes cultures, but those are harder to obtain in young kids.
Cough, fever, generally feeling rotten would be the main symptoms. Tb in children can be a very bad disease so it is always better to be evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible.

In brief: Go to a doctor
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
In brief: Hard to catch
Infections vary in their ease of transmission.
Consider chickenpox one of the easiest, where 1/2 hour in the same room would do it.Most who get TB are living with an active (and coughing )case for months or more.There may not be any symptoms. A simple TB test can be performed and repeated over several months if needed to be sure.

In brief: Hard to catch
Dr. Jonathan Jassey