If a child dies on the scene, can a mother make paramedics take her child to the hospital once they arrive?

Sean Baskin
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Depends
If there is chance of resuscitation then the paramedics will transport, however the death of a child is often treated as a crime scene until proven otherwise.
Most state protocols do not let ems transport children if they shows signs of obvious death.

In brief: Depends
Sean Baskin
Sean Baskin
Answer assisted by Sean Baskin, Medical Student
In brief: Usually...
...Unless there are injuries incompatible with life, paramedics will attempt resuscitation and transport.

In brief: Usually...
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
I don't see why not.
The fact of death on the scene is subjective. Often the type of injury may make many feel like death is the only outcome, but i've seen different cases when people survived the worst ever circumstances.

I don't see why not.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Shontae Buffington