Should a woman with chronic depression have children?

Reflection needed. Doubtful that there is a universal answer for this. This is a personal decision which should be made with careful reflection and may depend on other support, severity of depression, and other risks. Depression can usually be treated with combinations of medication and therapy, but there are also new treatments. Talking to a good psychologist/psychiatrist and exploring the anxiety WB wise.
Depression/pregnancy. Depends on type of treatment receiving, & your social support system. Discuss with your therapist the planning.
Dep./preg. This is individualized. No absolute contraindication, but will need closer monitoring by both psychiatry and ob/gyn. Thruoghout gestation.