My friend and I were wondering if you think it is ok for children to go to funerals. If so, what age?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

I see no problem with children attending funerals.
If they are "too" small (2-4), they may just end up having "good" time at the funeral. If they are older, they may not necessarily understand what's going on, but, at least, might just stand silently. I actually believe that children must see both sides of life, not just the bright one.

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Verbaly capable children or grandchilren of the deceased or primary morners should attend if possible. By that age they have some concept of death & the service permits a form of closure.An adult attendent,separate from those dealing with intense grief, should be detailed to accompany each kid to answer questions or help them leave if they become uncomfortable.

In brief: If the loss was of..

..Someone close, there really is no lower limit.
A child who is old enough to feel the loss is also old enough to participate in family's mourning.

In brief: If the loss was of..

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Jonathan Jassey