I want to talk to my doctor about having ADHD but i'm afraid they will think I am just seeking drugs. How should I come about asking them?

In brief: Beyond fear

Don't let misconceptions stopping you from seeking help.
A psychiatrist with experience in adult adhd will make the distinction between seeking medications and the real adhd in less than five minutes. Even if you have only mild adhd, the treatment will change your life. So don't be shy and don't get discouraged by ghostly fears. Take action to become the most successful person you can be.

In brief: Beyond fear

Dr. Christine Forest
Dr. Christine Forest
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Provide information

Start by describing your specific concerns, rather than offering up a presumed diagnosis.
What is hard for you? How long has it been that way? What, if anything helps? You may need to ask for a specialist to perform testing to get objective data about how you hand distractions, whether you have executive functioning problems, and whether you are impulsive. Focus on identifying the problem.

In brief: Provide information

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Adhd

Be honest, describe your symptoms, give clear history of how swymptoms started, good family history, and how current symptoms are affecting your daily functioning.

In brief: Adhd

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Eric Weisman