Why does it say do not use before work with heavy machinery on the back of childrens tylenol (acetaminophen)?

In brief: Not straight tylenol (acetaminophen)

That warning is not on any form of regular childrens tylenol (acetaminophen) in my office.
I can understand the warning if the product is one of the multisymptom or tylenol (acetaminophen) flu preparations as these cantain antihistamines that can cross into the brain & make you drousy.The potential for injury with such a produce gives need for caution.

In brief: Being very cautious

A manufacturer who puts something like "do not use before working with machinery or driving" on the medicine label is being cautious, because there may be a few people who do get tired or drowsy with a non-sedating medication.
Adults often take children's meds, either because that's what they have in the house, or they have a swallowing problem and can take liquid meds but not tablets or capsules.

In brief: Being very cautious

Dr. Shontae Buffington