When the doctor recommends hospice would it be helpful if the children encourage their dying?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: Hospice
Maybe your questiion is about a sick parent that has a terminal disease-should the children of the terminal parent encouage them to "let go".
I have been a hospice dr. At some points in my medical career.Dying is a process, not only for the terminal patient; but also for the family and friends.Children who have been supportive of their ill parent will know when to express this feeling that it's o-k.

In brief: Hospice
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Michael Amster
In brief: Not sure
I'm not sure what question you're asking but i'll give an overall answer. A child eligible for hospice should be told they are dying.
Hospice can help do it in an honest and compassionate way. The children are often up front, and less scared than the parents. The good thing about hospice for children is they will take the child even if you are still actively trying to cure, unlike adults.

In brief: Not sure
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Children for some reason that I don't understand seem to have a more accepting and natural way of dealing with their own death. It's the death of others in their family or friends that upsets them more, I believe.
Dr. William Kirsh
In brief: Encourage Living
Hospice is not a place, location or treatment.
It is a concept that allows individuals to chose how to LIVE and allows patients to pre-determine what services they wish at end of life. Family's always much encourage living. Everyday can be an opportunity to learn, teach and explore. Hospice does not mean death or dying, for each of us start to die the moment we are born.

In brief: Encourage Living
Dr. William Kirsh
Dr. William Kirsh
Dr. Dean Giannone
In brief: End of life care.
Hospice is meant for those who seemingly at the end of life, although that end can still be many months away.
The emphasis of hospice care is not trying to save the life, but to give comfort to the individual as their death approaches. We shouldn't encourage or facilitate death,,but we can make it a less painful and horrific experience.

In brief: End of life care.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Cindy Juster