I have a regular period.Last one was late by a week.11 days later i saw odorless dark brown-discharge+light spotting.Been continuing for 5days since.I had protected sex after my period. Any reason?

Dr. Steven Lindheim
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Possibly...

This could represent problems on the cervix or uterine abnormalities like polyps or fibroids.
More often than not it is not anything to worry about. We would check your vagina- cervix for abnormalities if someone is concerned and it is a persistent happening. Otherwise, we would ask you to track this and if continues, would bring you into the office for evaluation.

In brief: Possibly...

Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. Milroy Samuel

Do a pregnancy test and if negative also check for cervical infections.

Dr. Milroy Samuel
Dr. Milroy Samuel
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham