What natural or alternative remedies have you had success in treating ADHD for your child?

In brief: Not scientific

Most "natural" remedies for adhd have not been proven by scientific research.
The medications (stimulants and non-stimulants) have been studied for decades and are proven to be effective and safe. There will always be someone who will tell you "my child got better on x", but that is not evidence- that is just anecdotal (a story). Talk to your own doctor for the best treatment for your child.

In brief: Not scientific

Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER
Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER
Dr. Andres R Villar

In brief: NATURALLY

Naturally you are going to find conflicting advice from different professionals.
Medication has been the mainstay in the management of adhd, however there have been limited studies and case reports supporting diet, exercise, behavioral intervention, neurofeedback, vitamins and supplements with various results.Discuss with your doctor your fears, wishes and concerns and make an informed decision.

In brief: NATURALLY

Dr. Andres R Villar
Dr. Andres R Villar
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen

In brief: Maybe

A study published in the june 17, 2006 journal of european child & adolescent psychiatry showed a significant reduction of adhd symptoms in children after supplementing with pycnogenol, an antioxidant plant extract from the bark of the french maritime pine tree, everyday for one month.
But typical adhd meds work roughly 80% of the time.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: None

There are no proven "natural" or alternative remedies for adhd.
These treatments are bogus, prevent appropriate and timely treatment, and have no evidence based research to support their use. See my health guides for references and citations.

In brief: None

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

In brief: Many

I have good success with adhd by changing diet, treating allergies, nutritional deficiencies and learning and processing problems.

In brief: Many

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Several

I have had great success treating add/adhd with nontraditional methods.
I have used homeopathy, chinese medicine, supplements, neurofeedback, diet changes, and counseling to help kids develop skill sets to improve their impulsivity. There are patients who still need medication, but more and more are improving using these treatment modalities. No one s "cured" but their symtpoms are much improved.

In brief: Several

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cindy Juster